Monday, October 18, 2010

Welcome to Zombienomics

Hello there!

First I would like to introduce myself, my name is Tom.  Secondly I would like to welcome you to Zombienomics.  Thirdly I would like to give you some background on how we got here.  Until recently I had never seen myself as the blog type but there were several factors that lead to this:  seeing an incredibly poorly made social networking website of someone I know, not being able to find a zombie blog that was actually about zombies, and the old saying "write what you know."  The details of such are not very important but the result is, which leads me to my final topic tonight which is explaining my mission in starting Zombienomics.

Zombienomics is a blog devoted to zombies: thoroughly, completely, and solely.  I shall write only of zombies and zombie media and I shall NOT write on any other topic.  Rest assured, you will find no politics, religion, finance or unsolicited opinions unless any of the former are directly related to zombies.

As for thoroughness I will, from this day, make it my mission to explore all types of zombies.  Romero zombies, voodoo zombies, space radiation zombies, virulent zombies et cetera.  I will also write reviews of zombie movies and video games in as much as I have access to them (I don't have a Wii, PS3 of 360 so I can't play Dead Rising 2 yet).  I will try to keep the reviews as zombie-centric as possible in that I will try to stay away from commenting on things like acting ability or game controls and stick to more important topics such as kind of zombie, special effects and decisions made by characters in the movie.

I would also like to review zombie emergency plans.  I'll get more into this in a subsequent post where I will lay out presuppositions by which a plan will be judged.  I think this will be the best part of this blog so I would encourage anyone to send me your plan (be detailed) or to comment on my reviews of plans.  I will certainly try to be as fair as possible on this as there are so many factors that can affect a plan.  But I'll post more on this later, please keep checking in and I guarantee you this will be a fun ride.

2 comments:

  1. Well I hope that you will cover, in depth, zombies and religious beliefs, as some zombies can be created, controlled, turned, and/or destroyed with strong religious belief and/or rituals. Also the effects of zombies on the economy, especially related to investing, unemployment (are zombies untapped, inexpensive work force for businesses?), and the possible creation of new businesses dedicated to protecting people from zombies, destroying zombies, and possibly insuring against zombie attacks. I'm also very interesting in learning more about political zombies, both those that specifically feed only on the the brains of unborn babies and rich people, and those that feed exclusively on the brains of gays and lesbians.

    ReplyDelete
  2. For zombies in the workforce let me suggest the movie Fido. It's a great watch and covers a lot of topics about zombie control and workforce zmobies.
    I'll be posting shortly about business and zombies, but don't worry, it won't be the last.

    ReplyDelete